What is the ‘Leave Only Pawprints’ campaign?
It is a non-confrontational, friendly way to change attitudes and behaviours around dog fouling.
Dog owners and their dogs sign up to become local Champions, signing the Pledge, and can be recognised by small ‘Leave Only Pawprint’ badges. They carry extra bags so if another dog owner doesn’t have one they can ask a Champion.
The Leave Only Pawprints Pledge
- I will at all times clean up after my dog and dispose of the bag appropriately.
- Myself and my dog will wear our Champion badges when possible to show others we are Champions.
- I will carry extra bags that I will give to people if needed.
- Whilst being a Champion I will not confront other dog walkers about dog fouling. I understand that the ‘Leave Only Pawprints’ campaign is non-confrontational and is a friendly reminder to other dog walkers in order to change attitudes and behaviour.
- I agree to take part in campaign surveys by Cardiff Council.
And don’t forget you can report instances of dog fouling via the Cardiff Council App.