Become a Litter Champion
Are you interested in helping your local community and helping to clean up Cardiff’s streets of litter? Then why not become a Litter Champion!
If you sign up as a Litter Champion, then you will have access to borrow litter picking equipment and pink bags from your local hub and/or library. Making it simple to get stuck into the rewarding world of litter picking!
If you are more interested in litter picking with a group, then the details for Cardiff’s local litter picking groups can be found here.
If you are going out, please make sure that you are following the safety guidance below and let us know what you are up to – we love a photo! You can email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
Litter Picking – Safe-Working Practices
You are responsible for your own safety when out and about. Please read our safety instructions and follow them whilst on your litter pick. Be sensible and avoid taking risks.
- Please don’t go out if you feel unwell or are otherwise showing cold or flu like symptoms, have a high temperature or a new and persistent cough.
- Never pick up litter with your hands, always use a litter picker.
- If you wish to use gloves for your litter pick, please use your own personal glove. Wash your hand thoroughly for 20 seconds using soap and hot water before and after your pick.
- Please wear sensible and appropriate clothing, covered shoes, and clothing suitable for Cardiff’s changeable weather. If it is sunny, please wear sleeves, a hat, sunscreen and remember to stay hydrated. If you have access to a high visibility vest, we recommend you wear it.
- Have a mobile phone charged and handy in case of emergencies.
- Please do not litter pick areas close to busy or high-speed roads (there is still traffic about), on or near railway tracks, or near or in water. Please also be mindful of the general landscape.
- Only litter pick in areas that are well lit and where visibility is good. Please do not litter pick at dusk or after dark.
- Mind your step if litter picking in areas of vegetation. The ground can be uneven, and vegetation can cover hidden hazards.
Our crews will only collect bags that have been provided for volunteers and will NOT collect black bags. Please get in touch with us if you would like some.
To sign up get in contact with the team on 029 2071 7564 or email@example.com and we will get all the information out to you.